Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Workout

Well, today is a very successful day so far. I woke up early and hit the gym in the morning before work. Which is not something I normally do. Usually I work 9am-6pm or so and I hit the gym around 615. Last night before bed, I prepared my gym clothes, set up everything for breakfast and got my work clothes ready before bed.
Got up around 730am, had a banana right away. They say your metabolism is at its peak within the first hour you wake up in the morning and eating a banana within that hour will assist with energy for the day. I took one of my new thermogenic supplements called "recreate" and I hit the gym before 8am.

Today was a total body workout

I started with bi's and tri's. I can curl about 150lbs now so I did 4 sets of 6 curls at that weight. I don't extend too high up to my shoulders because once you pass a certain point the muscle is relaxed and you aren't getting as good of a pump. So I stop at about a 65-70 degree angle. After this I went immediately to seated dips. This works upper chest and triceps. I do a heavy weight, about 120lbs. The handles can swivel 2 ways to work different muscle groups, so I did 4 sets on one position, and 4 sets on another. I moved right into upper chest, lower chest on a machine. Then I worked shoulders, but not as hard because I am sore from this past weekend still from doing squat presses. I moved right into free weights, biceps. Concentration curls, preacher curls...etc. After this, I moved into a bit of cardio. I did the stride machine for 1,000 strides; this took me 8 minutes at a fast rate. I did this to up my heart rate and get some good sweat going. This machine is also a crossfit machine and as you up the resistance, shows you on an illuminated diagram what muscles youre working out. The max is 20 and I did a max of 20, working out all possible muscles. After this, I went into seated rows, more chest, and then legs. I did quads (heavy), then calves. After I had a good sweat going, I waited until my pulse reached about 140bpm which required a short break. I had some water, checked my phone, and then hopped on the treadmill. Today was a power day on the treadmill. No laziness here. I began right away with the highest incline the machine will allow and I began running at 4.6mph. I did this untl the machine read 50 calories. Which was 2-3 minutes. This was enough to get the sweat POURING down my face. Lowered the ramp to 2.0 incline and walked at 5.2mph until the calories reached 100. I was at 1/2 mile at this time. Then I stepped it up big time. I sprinted at 10.2 mph until 0.75 miles. Short cooldown until .080 walking at 4.6mph. Then I finished it out from 0.80-1.0 miles at a 8.6 sprint. Calories reached about 146 and my heart rate was a steady 167.

Breakfast: (1015am)
Got home and showered, then made breakfast.

(4) egg whites.
(1) Granola bar.
(1) Banana w/ 1TBS of natural peanut butter
(1) Activia yogurt cup.
(1) Cup of skim milk.

Thats it so far for the day!

I am hoping to drop about 10lbs this month and overcome this small platueau I think I am on.


No comments:

Post a Comment