Thursday, April 25, 2013

4/25/13

Well, I wasn't able to post yesterday. I worked a 13hr day at work and had pretty much zero time for anything other than the gym and work. I would like to describe my gym sesh with you, but I don't have a lot of time today, either.
But today, I will share a few things!
First things first, I stepped on the scale this morning and found I am down ~6lbs from my last weigh in, which was approx one week ago. I am currently in the middle of a switched up diet/workout plan in order to avoid plateau and it is obviously working. I am focusing on fat burning and establishing a faster metabolism. I am eating 6-8x a day right now and my workouts are consisting of less high intensity cardio, and more fat burning zone focused exercises. Also, I have been lifting ALOT heavier on the weights. Up until this point, I have been doing 4 sets of 10-12 on the weights and have been seeing good results in terms of muscle definition and fat loss, HOWEVER, in the past week-9 days, I have been doing 3 sets of 4-6 on very heavy weights with slightly longer breaks inbetween sets. It has been working exponentially better than the aforementioned style. I have seriously seen more definition/muscle development in the last 6-8 days, than I did in all of the month of January. This style of lifting is not for everyone, but it obviously works for me. I am currently combining heavy lifting weight training, with high resistance, slow speed cardio and it seems to be working perfectly for fat loss. Instead of sprinting on the treadmill or running at 6.6-8.6mph, I am lowering the speed to 5.3-5.6 and raising the incline from 6.0-15.0. This is causing my pulse to be lower and staying out of that "cardio" zone and more into that "fat-burning" zone. I don't let my pulse get above 165bpm during cardio excerises and this seems to be working very well. My method of confirmation?
The mirror. My shoulders, biceps, triceps, quads, and mostly my upper chest has shown the most positive results.
Onto the next topic:
Breakfast

For breakfast today, I had (4) large egg whites, no additives, no salt, no nothing except the eggs in a pan with the yolk filtered out. This is a great meal for early in the morning that is packed with protein, very low in calories and will fill you up.

I also made a homemade smoothie today!
I bought some strawberries a few days ago and couldnt really figure out how to use them before they got moldy, so I tossed them in the blender with some other ingredients and the result was awesome.
Tasted great and I got a TON of fruit for the day:

(12) medium-large strawberries.
(2) medium sized apples
(2TBS) Yoplait yogurt
(1) Activia Yogurt
(1) Cup Milk


So, that was my morning so far. Got in a great breakfast and an even better weigh-in.
I really feel great about this particular junction in my diet. I hit a rough patch about 3 weeks ago with being sick and getting stressed and hitting drive-thrus. I do that. I fall off the wagon for like a full week and I gain weight very easily. I binge eat sometimes when I am depressed or upset and it gets the best of me. Makes it hard to stay on track. But I am confident that I have found a great program that is working for me right now and I am really excited to keep this going and hopefully enter the 220# category within the next 4 weeks!!!!!

1 comment: