Monday, April 22, 2013

Food

Ok, instead of ranting and posting what I have been eating/doing since October of '12, I will simply begin documenting what I eat and how I workout from today forward.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping.
I spent about $75 at Walmart on food for the week(s) and the result ended up in about 10 sandwiches, 10 baked chicken/lettuce wraps, a lot of yogurt, eggs, fish, and a few different "snacks" for inbetween meals. I won't list everything I bought, but I will note that no "butterfingers", "alcohol", "ice cream", "soda", or "chips" were bought. In order to lose weight on a consistent basis, you need to be calorie conscious. None of the aforementioned foods will get you to your goal weight any time soon. And since I have intentions of gaining muscle, the chicken and fish will aid that process with all of the protein.

My Breakfast Today: (730am)
(Excuse my ugly plate. Poor choice for the picture.)

-(3) Large eggs. No yolk. Whites only.
-(1/2) Banana. Medium sized.
-(2) TBS Natural Peanut Butter.
(1) Granola Bar.
(1) Activia Yogurt.
(1) Cup of Skim Milk.

Very balanced breakfast. I was pretty full afterwards, and was under 400 calories for a total. I took this meal with a thermogenic supplement called Recreate.


Inbetween Snack: (1030am)

-(1) Granola Bar.
-(1/2) Apple. Small sized.
-(1TBS) Natural Peanut Butter.


Ok, so here is what I prepared for lunch for the week:


(On a side note, it is recommended to pick out a day of the week where you prepare and organize your food for the week. I chose Sunday evenings at about 9-10pm. Why do I choose to prepare my food that late? Because anytime before 7pm, it would be too easy to EAT the food while I am preparing it. At 9-10pm, it is much easier to say no to your impulses because I will be going to bed soon.

Lunch: (130pm)

(1) Sandwich
-35 calorie bread slices.
-"Light" turkey (less sodium) (1 Slice)
-"Light" ham (1 Slice)
-Brown Mustard one one slice of bread (1TBS)
-Chipotle Mayo on the other slice (1TBS)
-"Thin Sliced" Cheddar cheese. About 40 cals per slice. (1 slice)
Each sandwich is about about 250 calories.

-(1)Quaker granola bar. 100 Calories.
-(1) Banana. Medium Sized.  70 calories.
(1) Activia Yogurt. 100 Calories.

Lunch= Approx. 550 calories.
(At about 1,200 Calories so far for the day.

I try to maintain a diet of about 2,400 calories/day.
That is including a workout, burning around 800 calories.

Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment